Sunday, July 22, 2007, Sunday, July 22, 2007
OH GOSH. I'm the happiest girl alive tonight despite this 1am entry. Maybe it was God's blessing, I've been grumbling so long about not being able to make it to Tommy Emmanuel's 2nd Concert here. And hey what do you know, at exactly the same time last night, I got a call that recording's postponed. So Alleluiah! I managed to go for Tommy's concert afterall. Thank you lucky stars!
Tommy's concert was really breath-taking, you can hear so very clearly all the details he puts in with every different song and it just keeps getting better. For a 52 year old, he really is more agile than most youngsters. A total energizer bunny! I love it that his music is so pure and honest, it reflects so much of him and his entire musical journey. The whole 2 hours left me clinging at the edge of my seat, wanting more every time. Every song, every technique, every note, tone, was done at its best. The 3-in-1, melody-rhythm-bass guitarist, with the best Finger-picking techniques. He really earned his C.G.P :) Way to go, hope he continues to inspire people from all over the world, (Through youtube or not, he actually said he doesn't mind haha) and yes, I never knew a guitar had this many sounds, from aboriginal instruments to the fiddle, and tribal drums, you got it all. My most respected guitar idol!
And yes, you might say it's really more than luck when I managed to get a poster and his newest Cd before the show started so at the end of the show I was able to make my way down to the autograph session early. So all went well! :) I never ever thought I'd be able to meet my idol haha in person. I love him!
So yes here's the revered photos haha..

signing my poster and cds.. .. slowly..
And here you go! Proud me and Tommy Emmanuel, C.G.PAnd for a very long time, I'm glad to say I'm deeply inspired once more.
I think I'm going to have the best sleep ever tonight.